Thursday, August 14, 2008

My little thief


Adriana has been cracking me up the last few weeks. Her new thing is to steal things that she knows she's not suppose to have (i.e. my cell phone, camera, remotes, books, jewelry, etc.) . She knows she's not suppose to be getting into these things, so what she does is takes the item and goes and hides behind a door or under the table. Her biggest thing is to take jewelry out of my stand up jewelry box and grab a handful of bracelets and goes and hides in my dark closet behind the door. She can be as still as a hunter in the middle of deer season (bad analogy, I know, sorry) and won't move anything but her eyes. Sometimes it takes us a while to find her, because she's so good at hiding. Use to, if she was quiet she was probably in her room "reading" but now if she's quiet, we know she's up to no good. She will take the most random things and will hide. When my parents watched her while we were in STL, they said she took a whisk from the kitchen and ran and hid behind the door in their bedroom. Now, there are things that she takes that she shouldn't, but its so hard to be mad at her when she gives you the most sheepish look when she gets "busted". She will either throw the object in her hands on the floor as if to say " it wasn't me who put this here" or she will just stay as still as can be and just move her eyes to the side and gets this little half grin on her face. She doesn't know if she's in trouble or what. I know its cuter in person, but its still funny to me. If you come and visit, hold on to your jewels and pocketbook or my little thug daughter might take them from you.

No comments: