Monday, July 14, 2008

Playing Catch up

Alright, I'm sorry that it has been so long since I have written. I have been so busy lately that I haven't had a chance to hardly breathe. I want so badly to post pictures right now, but my camera died on me when I went to download the pics so I have to wait for them to charge up. I will try to post pictures sometime today still.

4th Of July
We went to my parents for the fourth this year. We had a great time. We went down on Thursday and stayed till Sunday. Luckily, Adriana did a lot better sleeping there than she has in the past. She didn't take but a 20 minute nap all day on Thursday so as much as she wanted to fight sleep that night, she just couldn't. The first night is always the worst and I dread it every time. Anyway, on Friday the 4th we went down town with my parents and walked around and looked at all the activities and booths they had set up. Adriana LOVED looking at all the commotion and had fun walking around. I took some pretty good shots of her down at the governors garden (I'll post later). Later that night my parents took Adriana home and we went with my friend Susan to dinner at Pizza Hut and then over to her sister Amy's house, where we shot off fireworks. I had a great time, I don't get to see them very often and it was good just hanging out and talking. On Saturday we just had a lazy day. I did some shopping, helped my friend, Tennille, with some wedding plans and just hung out at my parents house that evening. My brother Chris, came by that evening for supper and to go swimming at my parents new pool. The weather had been so mild that the pool was freezing that evening. On Sunday after church we had a nice lunch and my brother came out again to give the pool another try. We had so much fun. Adriana LOVED the pool and loved splashing around. We had me and Ryan, Adriana, Chris and both my parents in the pool, it was a great time with the whole family.

Chores around the house
My mom came back with us on Sunday to help us with a patio that we are trying to get laid down. Me and Ryan have been working on this patio for close to a month already. We decided to lay 12"x12" pavers down for my BBQ grill to set on and another one on the other side of the deck just for extra sitting area and a place for Adriana's pool. We laid the one for the BBQ grill with no problems. We had started laying the other one and realized that we didn't level the ground that well. So with half the patio laid we decided to tare it up and try again. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!! It wouldn't be so bad if the ground wasn't so rocky to dig in. We have pulled up I don't know how many pieces of asphalt, barbed wire, wood, and about a ton of rocks! Anyway, my mom knew we were trying to get this thing finished so she volunteered to come help us this last week with that. My mom is a work horse! She would be out there at 7am working away in all the heat and humidity. We worked on it for about 6 hours or so on Monday but the heat just got to us and then on Tuesday we were back at it. We actually got it done on Tuesday around 12:15pm. I thought maybe angels would start singing or something, but I never heard them. I'm so glad to have gotten that finished. It still needs some work around the patio with rocks and plants, etc. but I'm glad those pavers are done! While my mom was here we also painted our furniture in the master bedroom, it was quite old and out dated and so we painted it black and replaced the handles on them. It looks so good and so much more modern. While we had the furniture out of the room, we decided to paint our bedroom also. We were very ambitious and worked very hard, but we got it all done in 4 days. Also while doing all of this, I was trying very hard to finish a scrapbook for my friends who are going to have a baby and her baby shower on Saturday. So during the day I would work with mom on our projects and at night I would scrapbook. Needless to say, I am wiped out STILL!
I still have to clean my house today. My best friend is coming for a couple of days with her 2 daughters and I'm looking forward to hanging out, but I need to do a lot between now and when they get here. I will do my best to post pictures today, but if I don't get to it, I will soon.

No comments: