Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Girls

Most of you who know me pretty good, know that I am an animal lover, always have been. I have always thought of my animals as members of my family. So when I refer to "my girls" I'm talking about Adriana and Zoe. Although one is more moody, and not very friendly towards guests in our home, I still love them both so much. I often refer to them as "The A to Z team". They have a love hate relationship. Adriana Loves Zoe and Zoe hates Adriana. Zoe is very good towards Adriana, but wouldn't be broken hearted if we ever decided to get rid of Adriana. Anyway, they are always into something. A couple of weeks ago when my mom was here helping me with projects around the house, they both got into things they weren't suppose to, while I was distracted with other things. The first and grossest thing was when we were outside working on our patio, Zoe was out there with us "hunting" in our backyard. I found this little frog and decided to show Zoe. She loved watching it hop around and just followed so gingerly behind it. A few minutes later, I look over at Zoe and see her foaming at the mouth trying to chew something up. At first I thought she had thrown up, but low and behold, she was trying to eat the frog! I was so disgusted. Now it takes a lot to gross me out, but that did the trick. I was so dramatized by it, I didn't want anything to do with Zoe for the rest of the day.
Well, my other child also got into mischief while I was busy painting my room that same week. I was up on the ladder painting around the ceiling and looked down just a fraction of a second too late, and saw Adriana stick her hand in the open outlet socket. I saw her get a quick shock. Needless to say, I'm sure it hurt her so much and scared her at the same time. She cried and cried. A few minutes later she was playing like normal again. But being the drama queen she can be, every time she would walk in our room, she would hold her hand and say "Uh, uh" as if to remind me what had happened to her. She would keep doing it until I would say, "Its okay, I know you hurt your finger, but you're alright now". She carried this on several times a day for almost 2 weeks. In a way it was cute, annoying and a good reminder to me how quickly they can get into things they aren't suppose to.

1 comment:

Kara said...

That's very cute about the "uh-uh" thing. Hilarious! And this is one of the reasons I don't really like cats, they like to hunt and eat gross things. So far our little kitty has only gotten into eating grasshoppers and I hope that's as far as she goes. Funny story!