Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Weekend Getaway

A couple of weekends ago, me and Ryan were able to escape for a weekend getaway, to celebrate our 6th anniversary. Thanks to my parents and Ryan's mom, who watched the little ones for us, we were able to skip out of town for a much needed break. First thing (really the only thing) planned, ZIP LINING!! I was able to get tickets from a friend, who sold them to us for half price. We were so excited. I actually wasn't scared, which is saying a lot, since I HATE roller coasters or anything like that. We were 2 people out of 6 going on a "tour" for our zip lining.


Here's Ryan, geared up and ready to go.


Me, ready to go. Don't ask me what I'm
doing with my foot or my left hand.


After a very scary, bumpy ride on a Gator and a bus, we made it to the top. Our "tour" started at about 60 feet high, but the highest one they have, is 360 feet. It. was. high! The shot above is a picture of our highest point, where we started. It was also probably the longest line we did. I was a little nervous, but still, not really scared.


Ryan volunteered to go first. What is wrong
with the man? He looks a little scared in his face.


There he goes!




I, on the other hand, waited as late as I could before I took the plunge. This annoying lady that was with us, really wanted to take my picture before I went. The picture above is a picture of me before I got "hooked up" on the line. (The lady's son is the one standing next to me. He was 6 and went, BRAVE!)


Before I took my first jump.



Me, later on the course, getting the hang of it.



Ryan, showing off. Really, it was a lot of fun. The scariest part for me? The swinging bridges and the swinging tree stands (in the background of the picture above). I didn't care to be that high up, on what SHOULD be a solid surface, and have it sway. No Thanks!


Again, not a fan of something that is swinging, when I have a nice gravel road underneath me to catch my fall.



Coming in for a landing!



Ryan flying in. It was among trees, so the scenery was so pretty. You can see a little creek at the bottom of the picture above.
Zip lining, was by far, the highlight to our trip. It was SO hot that weekend. We really didn't do anything else the rest of the weekend. I was a little bummed by that, but everything costs so much down there, and we just didn't have the funds to spend. It was great to get away for a night, kid free, and just hang with Ryan. Even though we didn't do anything, it was nice not HAVING to do anything either.

No comments: