Saturday, August 13, 2011

New Hair Styles

So there's new website (well, new to me anyway), called Pintrest.com. Its a "hub" if you will, of different blogs and websites FILLED with anything you can think of. Any DIY projects, decorating, cleaning, style, hair, make-up, food, anything you can think of, you can probably find an idea on there. Its kind of a complicated website, so I'm not even going to act like I completely understand, nor will I tell you how it works. The point is, I have found a few blogs on there that give me ideas and how-to's for Adriana's hair. Some of the styles are pretty extensive, but I have tried my hand at a few and wanted to share them with you. Adriana, as girly as she is, really doesn't care to have her hair done. She much rather it be in her face and messy. So, if she sits still long enough for me to fool with something new, I'm all for it. Here are some of the styles we have tried.

This isn't the best picture, and
its actually something I made up,
but its 3 braids and then I braided
the braids into one big braid.





The Criss-cross do. So easy, just would have never thought of it on my own.




Alright, this one is pretty extensive. I braided 8 little braids, crossed them over each other and put them in little pig tails. Well, if you noticed in the first picture of this hair style, Adriana is crying. No, its no because I pulled her hair or anything, she didn't like that I put her pig tails up in "poms" as we call them. She "hates" her hair up in poms. She use to ALWAYS wear her hair that way, but for some reason, she thinks she looks so silly. So, after taking forever to braid her hair and pull it back, she had a complete melt down because of the finished product. She eventually got over it and all was well, but I can guarantee, if I did it like that again, she wouldn't

wear it. This child tests my patience so much sometimes! Either way, I'm having a good time trying new things. Who knows what we will think of next.

No comments: