Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Gearing Up For School

Well, most of you (or your kids) are back to school already. The summer flew by (although I'm not sad that its on its way out, it was too hot for me!). As I mentioned before, I got offered a teaching job at Adriana's and (now) Paxton's school. I was SO excited and it was a HUGE answer to prayers. I am going to be in a room with ALL boys! Yep, 9 boys who are Paxton's age. Yeah, I'm going to lose my mind!! I'm so excited though! Anyway, school starts for us next Monday, so this last Monday, we had Open House. Me and my co-teacher, Manda, got there extra early to make sure our room was prepped and ready to go. This is the first year for both of us, so we are kind of going in blind, but I know we will do great!



This poor lady has to put up with my OCD tendencies when it comes to decorating and doing crafts. I think we will balance each other out really well and I'm looking forward to getting to know her better and working with her.

This is our room. There was NOTHING on the walls. We felt like, even though we are dealing with 1-2 year olds, and they might not be able to read, they need stuff to look at, so we got it looking (I think) pretty cute!



The flag banner in the background was my Sunday evening project. I though it would be cute (and inexpensive) to make an alphabet border. This thing ended up being such a thorn in my side, but I'm pleased with how it turned out. Below the banner on the floor is our reading/circle time area. We got a rug and bean bags to cozy up the place.



Where the kids are going to hang their book bags.


Their take home folders (I also whipped up on Sunday. Yes, I wait till the last minute, I know!).



Our welcome poster with the kids names as "hand" leaves as they walk in to their new room.

So, not only was it my turn to meet with my new students and their families it was also my turn to meet with A and P's teachers too. We got to go in a little early to meet with them. Adriana LOVED her new room and teachers. She has asked everyday since then, "how many more days till we start?" She is so excited to start Pre-K.



And then it was Mr. P's turn. He will be right next door to me and our class and his class will have gym class and playground time together. I hope he does well, going back to his own class after seeing me twice a day. He also LOVED his room and was all in the games and puzzles. Those poor women are going to have their hands full with this little one! Good luck Ms. Cheryl and Ms. Tiffany, you will need it!



So that's it! I CAN'T wait! So anxious to get in our groove and get the year going. I'm not hoping that the year flies by, because that means, this time next year, my baby will be going off to Kindergarten. I will try to savor this year! So anxious to Paxton to be going to school too and getting that structure and social aspect in. Its going to be a great year! Here's to kids (and teachers) all over, having a blessed year!

No comments: