Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hee Hee Comes For A Visit

Can I first start by saying, how blessed I am to have such a wonderful "in-law" family? ALL of them. Extended family, sister-in-laws, and great, loving "parent-in-laws". They are so relaxed, so accepting of who I am and I'm not stressed at all when I'm around them (which not many people can say that). Can I also say how blessed my kids are to have TWO sets of loving, CHRISTIAN grandparents? Me and Ryan really couldn't ask for more (but to maybe live closer together with everyone). God has blessed us so.
The downside to my "in-laws?" They live TOO far away. We only get to see them a handful of times throughout the year. Thanks to modern technology, we are able to Skype them often and they can see the kids and our kids get to see their grandparents more that way. Since Ryan's mom, Sandy, retired about a year ago, she has more free time. We thought it would be great for her to come and stay with us for a week or two, since she didn't have to rush back to get to work. We were so pleased that this was able to happen. Her and Jim (my Father in Law), drove up here. They stopped in Oklahoma City first to see my Sister in law, Lauren, and stay with her a for a few days, since they don't get to see much of her either. Then they headed this way. Jim was only able to stay 2 nights before he drove back home. Sandy was able to stay with us for about 10 days. We loved that she was able to be a part of our everyday lives. The kids LOVED having their HeeHee around that long. She made life a lot easier on me for those 10 days. She is the best playmate with our kids. She truly soaked up every minute she could with our kids, and that was the point of her trip, to eat up her grandbabies as much as she could. We were able to go swimming, have a girls night, visit with my parents, and I was able to run errands and get things done, while she was here. She was such a big blessing to me for those 10 days, and Sandy, anytime you want to do it again, you are more than welcome!


She read books, books and more books, while
she was here.


A picture of our girls night. No boys allowed!
We watched "The Lion King", did nails, ate
popcorn and stayed up late. Adriana had a blast!



HeeHee coloring with the grandbabies.



Sandy singing "Oh Be Careful Little Feet Where

You Go" to Paxton. He LOVED it!




Picture of all of us at my parents house.



HeeHee and paxton on the last day.



Everyone before we took her to the airport.



A sad good bye. This is HeeHee right before she went through security. It was sad to see her go, and the kids were really sad to see her go. Adriana kept saying, "But I wanted to give her just one more hug and kiss". It was sad for everyone. We took her to a small airport, her plane was the only one leaving, so me and the kids were able to stand outside and watch her plane take off. It was really neat to stand there, and watch it take off right before us. Adriana kept blowing kisses to the plane, waving and saying "Bye bye Heehee!". It was sad, but we are so blessed that she was able to stay for a longer time than normal.

Sandy, thank you for all that you did for me personally that week and a half. You gave me a break from the kids, and made it so relaxed and easy for me. Thank you for all you did. We are blessed beyond measure!

No comments: