Monday, June 14, 2010

An Unwelcomed Site

Call me an old grumpy woman, but I am starting to see things pop up around town that I hate. It happens every year. The older I get, the more I hate seeing them. I'll give you a hint. They are normally striped tents, set up in random parking lots around town. Know what it is? Fireworks stands! I'm really starting to hate them. The reason: Any Yahoo can go and purchase loud explosive devises. Don't get me wrong, I love watching the real deal when somewhat professionals set them off, but when you get a bunch of rednecks buying up fireworks, it just wears me out. Maybe its because we live outside the city limits so there really are no rules on when these people can set them off, but come on! Why do people set them off on a random Thursday night? I have kids that wake up so easily, and you don't care at all. I know I just sound like Miss Anti-4th of July, but just hate seeing these tents pop up, because I know there are months ahead of loud popping into the middle of the night. Doesn't really put me in a festive mood.

No comments: