Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tuesday

Tuesday. That was THE day. It was the highlight of our week. It was also the low point of the week too. I had a big day planned. Take Adriana to school, take the kids swimming and then take them to Chick-Fil-A that evening for dinner for "Princess Night". All of these things happened, but what put a damper on it all, was the fact that Tuesday was the day my back started to go out. I'm telling you what, if its not the fire alarms going off in the house, the A/C being broke, its my back going out. Can't wait to find out whats next.
It started with this dull pain in my back earlier in the day. I don't know what caused it, it just started catching when I would bend down. I wasn't too shocked, since I have had plenty of back trouble in the past. I excused the pain away, but when we got to Chick-Fil-A, is when it really started firing up. I about dropped Paxton putting him in his stroller, because of the sharp pain. The difference with this pain than any time before, this was hurting my WHOLE mid-section. I felt like I was being kicked in the gut and in the back. I was so excited for Adriana go to "Princess Night", she LOVES the big cows at Chick-Fil-A, and she loves dressing up like a princess. Let me tell you, every little girl in town was there, it was jammed packed! We ate dinner and then headed outside for the festivities. They did hair, make-up, nails, tea parties, and Miss Missouri USA and Miss Teen USA from Missouri was there signing autographs, it was a HUGE hit and it was FREE! When I saw the line for the hair and make-up I about fell over. We waited in line for 45-60 minutes to get her hair and make-up done. The whole time I was standing there I could have about collapsed, I was hurting!


This is my princess before her hair got done. Its a little crazy looking!

During ...

A back shot of her hair while she was getting her make-up done.


My beautiful girl.

Showing off her purple nails.
The highlight by far for Adriana wasn't the hair and nails, it was seeing the big cows. If she didn't do anything else that night, she would be fine, as long as she saw those cows. We had gotten her picture taken with BOTH cows twice before we did her hair and while waiting in line forever, she turned and said, "After we get my hair done, we go show the cow." This child was in hog heaven. Here are pictures of her with the Knight Cow and the Princess Cow.


I was very thankful that my parents came with me. Ryan was working late that evening, so my parents came with me. They took care of Paxton while we did our girl thing. Adriana was so excited to show Paxton her nails. I think this little man is starting to grow on her.




So that was Tuesday in a nut shell. Wednesday wasn't any better. I woke up in the worse pain of my life. Was in tears walking down the hallway from our bedroom, while bearing most of my weight on Ryan. I was in serious pain. My parents came over, Mom watched the kids and Dad took me to Urgent care. They pretty much just gave me a "band aid" of medicine until I can see my regular doctor. I'm afraid its one of my discs that has either slipped or worse. I have bulging discs and a herniated disc right where this pain is, so I think something has happened to one of them. I go to the doctor in a week and a half and hopefully get some answers. The meds are doing a pretty good job of making the pain subside. I still can't pick up the kids, so I feel pretty helpless. Hopefully the doctor will continue to get me on the right road.
Lets hope next Tuesday is a little more calm....

2 comments:

Hilary said...

PLEASE let me know if I can do anyting. I can bring you guys dinner, the kiddos can come over to play, anything that can take the load off of you. Do you need me to go to the store? Just text or call me. Hang in there! HIL

Pierce family said...

Wish we could be there to help...I had some back pain when my kids were about the age of yours. I am so thankful that your mom is close to you. We are praying for you!