Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Growing Girl

Well last Thursday Adriana turned 16 months old. It seems within the last week she has changed so much. She all of a sudden got 3 big molars coming through and her poor little gums are so swollen. It also seems like she is "talking"more. Most of the time she just rambles on, but it seems like within the last few days when we ask her if she wants something, she answers "yeah". At first we thought it was just us, but she has done it a few times since then. Her reach as also grown. She can now get things off the kitchen counter, I'm amazed how far she can reach. Another sign that she is growing, is that she is taking only one nap a day, which is sad for me. She use to take a 2 hour nap in the morning and then a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon, but within the last week, she has only taken an afternoon nap. I am not ready for her to be out of the morning naps yet. She still is pretty tired, where she needs to take a nap, but fights it so much, that she doesn't sleep.
I don't know if its just me, but it seems like they go from being a baby straight to being a toddler, who is all over the place, and trying to break all the rules. I miss my little snuggle bug, who would let me rock her to sleep or just hold her for longer than 30 seconds. I know there will be a time when I miss these days, but right now, I just miss my little baby. They grow so fast, and it just takes a little adjusting all the new "adventures" of a busy toddler.
Adriana with morning hair and wearing my shirt.
Guess who showed her how to do this?
Daddy teaches her so many new things!

2 comments:

Kara said...

The photos are so cute and hilarious! It really does seem like she went from a little baby to a adventurous toddler. l can't believe how big she's gotten in the past few months. She's really on the go!

Lauren said...

I miss Adriana a lot. Oh, and you guys too. I wish we could just bottle 'em up at a year old and preserve them that way.