Thursday, June 2, 2011

Decor Update

So I had it in my head, we needed some change in our house. I'm itching to rearrange some furniture, but we really don't have many options for that,due to the way our house is set up, so I decided to "rearrange" the walls. I saw this "family tree" thing in an ad a while back and LOVED it and have thought of it ever since. We have vaulted ceilings in our family room, so we kind of needed something big to help take up the space. This is what there was before, hanging over the couch (never mind the sheet on the couch, we take it off for company, but other than that it stays on. There are a lot of sticky fingers and furry critters in this house, so this helps save the couch a little).

Now, granted the pictures in the frames above the couch are about 2 years old, so NO pictures of poor Paxton were hung up there.
These are the sad looking frames I had in the hallway. I HATED these frames. They NEVER hung straight and they just didn't look right in the hallway.

Again, no pictures of poor Paxton in those either. It was time for something new and fresh. Here is what went up above the couch. I LOVE how it turned out.




It takes up a lot of wall space (over 4 feet tall) and it adds something different to the room. Now, here is what I did with the frames that were over the couch. I put them in the hallway, took down those sad, crooked frames and put new black and whites in there to give them a new look.








I also wised up and moved our clock. I didn't take any pictures of the before, but when we moved into this house, for some stupid reason, i thought the clock would look good hanging BEHIND the love seat. It didn't make any sense at all! From most of the seating places in the family room you could NOT see the clock without putting your neck out. SO I wised up! I bought some shelves that match the family tree theme and hung those where the clock use to be and moved the clock to a very visible wall, that makes so much more sense. Here are the pictures of our shelves.








My mini makeover for the room cost less than $65. I gives such a different feel to the room and I love how it turned out.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I love the new wall! It looks awesome!