Friday, December 10, 2010

Fall Vacation: Day 2 & 3

Day two of our trip, actually fell on Paxton's first birthday. I had asked Sandy a few months back, if we could throw him a little birthday. Her and Ryan's sister, Kara, went all out. I was totally impressed with how much work they put into his party. I know they were happy to do it, but I felt like I dumped all of it on them. We had a little get together that afternoon. We had Jim, Sandy, Kara, Jack and Riley, and good friend's of the family, Dennis, Irmy and Savannah and Ryan's Aunt Misty over. We had a good time. Paxton didn't know what to think of everyone singing Happy Birthday to him. He sure did love his party though!
The spread of food. It was all so good!

The Birthday Boy, before the cake.

All the kiddos. (Notice Riley in her yellow skirt, keep that
in mind for a little later. Adriana was in LOVE with it and
eyeing it the whole time.)

My beautiful sister-in-law, who made this CUTE Monkey
cake for Paxton. I know it took a lot of time, thank you
so much!


LOVED the cupcakes with the banana's on top, such
a cute touch!

Paxton wearing his party hat. It was so cute, he didn't
know any better.

Finger lickin' good!

My messy little man!

Alright, so you remember Riley's skirt? Well, Kara has started her own business called Falootin and they make these skirts. Sandy helps with the orders and they have such cute stuff. Well, Sandy wanted to give Adriana one of these skirts, so Kara cut it out and Sandy sewed it. Adriana. was. in. LOVE! They gave it to her before Paxton started opening gifts and the look on her face....

PRICELESS!

She ditched what she had on in a REAL big
hurry, in front of everyone, to put on her
new skirt. I told Sandy she couldn't have
gotten anything she would have loved more.
She has worn this skirt EVERYDAY, since
we have been home, that's no lie.
Adriana doing some spins for us.

Well, Paxton's party took up about the whole second day. By the time we went to church, had his party, and visited, we were wiped out. We had such a fun day. The third day, was a lazy day. No one had to go to work, and it seemed like Paxton was trying to catch up on some sleep. I joined in on naps when I could. Monday evening we went to Costco, at the request of me and Ryan and then we took the kids to probably the nicest Burger King I have ever been to. With several flat screen TV's and a HUGE play area, we all were in heaven! It was a great, lazy day, just what all of us needed!

No comments: