Friday, July 17, 2009

A lovely evening out

Last night, on our anniversary, Ryan took me out to dinner and a movie. You don't know how much you take for granted, going out whenever you want, when you don't have kids. It was a real treat last night, and not something we do very often. My parents were kind enough to take Adriana for the night, so we wouldn't have to rush back and get her before bedtime (plus I had a doctors appointment first thing this morning, so that saved me some time too.) We went to a pizza place, that we love. We used to go there a lot before we had Adriana, because it was within walking distance from our apartment. It was great! Service was horrible, but the food was wonderful. After that, we went to the movies and saw "The Proposal". It was a cute movie and am glad it was good, to make it worth the money to go. We also splurged and got popcorn and a soda. I was very excited to get that, because, for some reason, I had been craving it all day, but boy, what a rip off! For a large soda it was $4.75 and for a small popcorn it was $5.50! No wonder I haven't bought concessions from the movies for over 10 years! Nevertheless, it was really good. I ate like a pig, but thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was nice to sleep through the night and not make myself get up to make sure Adriana was doing good. What a treat! Its the little things in life that are luxurious these days, I guess! Thanks Ryan for a fun night out on the town!

No comments: