Monday, April 21, 2008

Updates

Its been a couple of weeks since I have sat down and wrote. I don't plan on making this posting very long, because I'm tired and want to go to bed. Since I have wrote last, we have been to Alabama for a couple of days and had a great time, as usual. Ryan's best friend got married and Ryan was in the wedding. Ryan got to see some friends from high school that he hasn't seen for 10 years, so he had fun catching up with them and talking about old times.
Adriana is getting over being sick. I can't tell if she's sick from getting new teeth in or if she had a little cold, but I'm over runny noses, fevers and coughing, and I know she is too. I had to run to Wal-mart today for some things and she was "that kid" in the store. You know, the one that has a screaming fit if she doesn't get what she wants? Yeah, that was mine today. I'm going to blame the behavior on her not feeling good, but I was totally humiliated and reminded at the same time, that terrible two's are just around the corner, if not already rearing its ugly head.
Today was the first time to cut our own grass as home owners. It was quite an experience. We bought a lawn mower from a friend, but when he dropped it off, it wouldn't run. Anyway, a friend of the family came out to our house today, from Branson, out of the goodness of his heart to help me get the thing running. I'm so thankful that he was able to work on it and get it going, because it saved us a ton of money. Our grass had gotten so big it was like the amazon Forrest. I didn't feel too bad because the neighbors on either side also had tall grass, but, of course, they had cut theirs on Sunday, so then we really stuck out like a sore thumb. It was in desperate need of cuttin'. The grass so tall and thick I had to stop several times to breathe (which shows you how out of shape I'm in) and had to have Ryan come out and finish. I'm sore tonight! I haven't cut grass in at least 10 years, this old body isn't use to much exercise let alone pushing around a heavy piece of machinery! At least it got cut and looks good now.
Well, now that I have made this longer than I wanted to, I'm heading to bed. I know, its only 9:30pm, but there's nothing on TV and I'm pooped out! I'll try to post pictures and more sometime this week.

1 comment:

The Shindels said...

mowing the grass = good exercise = losing baby weight!! :o) I'm still trying to find a balance between resting and doing too much while I'm trying to heal. I'm anxious to get rid of this baby weight and be able to wear normal clothes again. I'm also anxious to get out and do stuff, but it's hard to do when I'm worried about Adon catching germs and I usually over-do it when I do get out and wind up sore. lol The joys of motherhood. :o)