Friday, April 25, 2008

Tiny Bubbles

Adriana seems to be learning more and more everyday. That kid is smart (and I'm not just saying that because she's my daughter). She doesn't miss a beat, its hard to get anything pass her. With this awareness that she has, she also knows what pushes by buttons and likes to get me worked up. Example, she will sit in her highchair and throw food on the floor. She knows she's not suppose to, but that doesn't stop her. Now, she will wait till I look at her before throwing her cup or food on the floor. She will be ready to eat a piece of cheese, or whatever delectable food I have for her that day, and as soon as I look at her, she'll take it and throw it on the floor. Mind you, she doesn't do it with anyone else except for me. She tests my patience everyday.

On a positive note, her new word to say and new obsession is "ball". Balloons and balls are "ball". Its cute how she says it, its almost with a southern accent. Anytime she sees balloons or balls out and about or on TV all I hear is "ball, ball". To show you how smart she is. Most wal-mart's have a huge ball pit in the middle isle in the toy section. She has seen this once and anytime we get near that section, I hear "ball, ball". She doesn't even have to see the 15 foot ball pit and she knows we are close. She also has discovered bubbles. She'll say "bub, bub". Ryan took her outside to blow "bub,bubs" the other day and it was so cute. She loves watching them float in the sky. She also likes eating the wand that you dip into the bubbles. I love watching her learn new things and see things through her eyes.

1 comment:

The Shindels said...

Sounds like Adriana is being defiant and it's time to "help" Adriana learn what's acceptable. I was just talking to some friends the other day about how old their kids were when they started disciplining. :o) I think we've still got a few months before Adon will understand right and wrong. On the other hand, it's exciting to hear how Adriana is growing! We get so excited that Adon is staying awake longer and can focus on moving objects! lol