Friday, March 7, 2008

A Weekend Getaway


Now, I know I already posted today, but I have some time right now and I wanted to post all week, but haven't had the time.

Last weekend, me and Ryan were able to have a weekend getaway thanks to Ryan's work. We got to go to North Kansas City Friday-Sunday. My parents came down and babysat the rug rat so we were able to fully enjoy a 48 hours of freedom. Don't get me wrong, I love my baby, but I felt like a teenager whose parents have left for the weekend, I didn't know what to do with myself. Ryan had conferences during the day time, and they provided us with a great dinner both Friday and Saturday nights. I got to take naps and go shopping and not worry about strollers and diaper bags and what not. Saturday afternoon, Ryan got done early and so he said he would go shopping with me and what did we do? Shopped all afternoon for little Miss Adriana. Our vacation away from her still revolved around her. All we did was talk about her, and buy souvenirs for her. We missed her but still had a great time, a much needed rest, for me anyway.

Pictures of our Suite. The picture on the end is the hotel lobby you have to tilt your head to the right to make it look right.
I felt like the Beverly Hillbillies when we got to the hotel. Now mind you, we don't really stay in hotels very often, but when we do, its normally Motel 6. We got to stay at an Embassy Suites and if you've never been to one, they are awesome! I know, I don't get out much, but to have a REAL breakfast (made to order), down pillows, 2 TVs, a mini bar in our room, sheets without holes in them, it was like we won the lottery. I loved our rooms and I loved staying in it and just hanging out. Our last trip to Motel 6 involved wholly sheets, half clean bathroom and mosquito's infesting our room. It was a horrible experience and it was just nice to stay in a hotel room where you felt comfortable walking around barefoot.

I know, I sound like I just off the hillbilly train, but I don't care, it was nice. Ryan's work has this conference every year, and I'm definitely looking forward to next year!

1 comment:

Jody said...

Lori I enjoyed your excitement of staying at the fancy hotel. I remember when Phil and I were married with a house of kids. We rarely received any time away and when we did we had a hard time NOT talking about the 4 kids at home. When one has children, one tends to get lost in the roles of "Mommy" and "Daddy;" however this comes back quickly. Phil and I used to promise that we would check on the kids, but then we would talk about OTHER things instead of the kids, just so we could remember what it was like before. That was more difficult than one would think!!