Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Furniture Steal

So this our family room downstairs....

I'm super excited because you see the end tables, to either side of the couch? I got them for a steal! I'm all about bargins and have been wanting end tables downstairs since we moved. We had been using some pretty sad looking TV trays as end tables, but they drove me nuts! We had the nice furniture, given to us by my generous parents, and then TV trays as end tables. It added a certian type of college dorm room flare that I wasn't stoked about having. Well, I have been looking on Craigslist, garage sales, Goodwill, you name it, I have had my eyes open for almost 2 years for these things. Well, about 2 months ago, I took part in this consigners sale. There was someone there selling these tables. Long story short, he had $60 on them, and then they went to half price. I saw them and didn't get them and kicked myself the whole next day for not getting them at $30/piece. Well, after the sale, we had to go back and pick up whatever didn't sell. I saw the guy carrying these out, so I told Ryan that I was going to drive around and ask him if he would want to still sell them. Sure enough he did. He sold them for $20/piece! I couldn't believe it! They are solid wood and match my furniture to a T. I was super excited to finally have the room look complete.




2 comments:

Hilary said...

Geez...that is a STEAL! Now, I need you to find me a dresser! I have found someone to refinish it for Baby Will's room but now I need to find a dresser. Any suggestions?

MissMolly said...

Awesome! Don't you love getting a good deal?!