Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Playing Catch Up

I feel like I am such a slacker. Its funny, I use to think of things to write about all the time, but these days I'm either too busy to think of things to write about or there's really nothing that interesting to write about. I'm really disappointed in myself and for the lack of writing in my blog. I will try to do better.
Lately, we have been fighting illness that seems to keep circulating in the air. Mainly, between me and Paxton. Poor Paxton has had pink eye and congestion for quite sometime (the congestion, not pink eye). I have also had pink eye and have been fighting a head cold. I'm afraid I might have strep throat, but can't get to the doctor for a few days. Adriana has had a little congestion, but is pulling through that really well. We really don't get sick, which I'm really thankful for. It seems like some people we know, their kids get sick all the time, but I really feel fortunate that illness doesn't seem to strike our household that much.
Well today, February 1, we actually had a BLIZZARD! My whole life I have lived in Missouri and NEVER remember having a blizzard. It started first thing this morning and tapered off around 5pm or so. Its getting really cold and very windy out there, blowing snow like crazy! I would say we got at least 9 inches of snow but the drifts make it a lot higher in areas. Needless to say, Ryan didn't go to work today and probably won't be going tomorrow.
The kids are doing great. Adriana will be 4 in just a few weeks. Its so hard to believe. She still LOVES to dress up like a princess, color and watch movies. I'm hoping her turning 4 will help her mature with her attitude. I'm not going to lie, 3 years old had been VERY challenging. I always hear that 4 is the magic number, I'm really hoping so. Paxton is 14 months old now. He's still all boy. He still has only 4 teeth but that doesn't stop him from wanting to eat ALL the time. He's all of a sudden is totally into books, he loves to be read to. Balls are probably his favorite toys. He is growing and learning more every day.
As for me and Ryan, we are doing good. Ryan's work is doing pretty good this winter, for this we are VERY thankful. Winter time is the hardest time of the year for us, but God is faithful in providing for us always. As for me, well, I'm in my last days of being in my twenties. I turn the big 3-0 in 20 days. I'm actually not freaking out about it, but looking forward to this new chapter in my life. Me and Adriana are having a combined birthday party this year, since our birthdays are 2 days apart. I normally don't do anything for my birthday, but since its a special birthday, we thought we would have a combined party.
I PROMISE I will try to do better on keeping my blog updated. Its hard with 2 kids, 2 pets, a husband and a house to keep track of, but I will do my best.

No comments: