Monday, January 17, 2011

Saving Money

I have been racking my brain on what to write about. Sure, my life is crazy enough to tell plenty of stories, but not everyone wants to hear about an almost 4 year old with an attitude, a feisty 1 year old, a crabby cat or a sweet, but lazy dog. There has to be more in my life than that, right? Now, those kids and animals mean more than me than life itself, but I KNOW I know more about other things besides poopy diapers and sassy toddlers. So as I thought about what to write, I still couldn't think of anything that would blow your socks off (as most of my blog entries do, I'm sure), but I did think of a new hobby or art, if you will, that I'm trying my hand at in 2011. This will actually benefit you maybe too.

I am trying my hand at couponing. Not cutting one or two coupons here and there and saving like $1.25 on a trip to Walmart, but REALLY couponing. There are many blogs and people out there that have this down to a science, I'm trying to learn it. It takes a lot of time and patience to learn, but will pay off in the long run (literally!). These people that have it down can have a total at the check out for like $156.00 and after coupons come out paying about $6.00. NO JOKE! You have to learn the ins and outs of it all. My friend, Hilary, invited me to a class that kind of teaches you some of the tricks of the trade, so as of right now, I'm on fire wanting to learn more.

Its always nice to save money, but in our case, its more out of necessity than luxury. Money can be so tight around here, its crazy. Now, don't get me wrong, God has ALWAYS provided for us, we have never gone without, but we could also save as much as we can, in case we run into a snag along the way. We don't have cable, we do have the Internet, that could be cut if need be, but other than that, we pay our bills and that is it, so why not save on groceries and household items, if I can. Make our dollar stretch. So I'm trying, I hope I don't give up on it, as I normally fizzle out of things I start, but my nature is to get good deals, so I'm going to try. If I ever run across a wonderful deal, I will pass this along to you. I say ALL of this (which is by far more than I thought this post was going to be), to say, I do have a deal to pass along to you (IF you are going to be in the Branson area).

Go to this link and sign up for a free voucher. This is to the Tanger Mall in Branson ONLY. They will e-mail you a voucher, print it off and take it to the customer service area. They will give you a FREE $10 gift card and a Tanger Coupon book Free (a $5 value!). A lot of people shop down in Branson, and personally Tanger is my favorite place to go down there. The offer ends April 30, 2011, so you have some time. IF you think you are heading down here in that time, you ought to try it out. Hey, I'm all for free gift cards!

Like I said, I will pass along any good deals as I get them. I know this one is good for this area only, but wanted to help out anyone that I can.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Awesome Lori! You can do it. It actually becomes kind of addicting trying to find the best deal. It does take a lot of time but very worth it. I love your family picture on your blog! Jennie

Rachel Peacock-Young said...

Lori: You can do it!! If you have any questions just give me a hollar. I think it is easiest if you just pick 3 stores: I do Dillon's, Target & Walgreens. It is too hard to remember all the policies for every store. Seriously it may seem overwhelming as you beginning but it is worth it in the end!