Friday, July 16, 2010

Married 5 years!

Today is our 5th wedding anniversary. I would like to say its hard to believe, but I really can't. It has seemed every bit of 5 years. I don't mean this is a negative way or anything, and Ryan would agree. We have had a lot go on in 5 years, that we NEVER planned on happening so soon. For starters, we didn't want children until we had been married for at least 3-5 years. Well, I think we all know what the kid count is in our house. We have moved 4 times and I never wanted or dreamed of being a stay-at-home mom. I know that sounds bad too, but it was never a strong desire for me. I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world, but still, life has thrown us some curve balls in the last 5 years. There has been plenty of ups and downs along the way, but God has blessed me with a wonderful, understanding husband who is very patient with me. I couldn't ask for a better daddy for our children, he's the best. Probably the most unselfish person when it comes to his kids. So, while the past 5 years has felt like 5 years, they have been great, and I look forward to another 70.




Our wedding party.


I love this shot, I don't know why.


Right after tying the knot, if you look close enough, you
might still see some sweat on Ryan's forehead. I have never
seen that man so nervous in my life.
Even though it was the hottest day of the
summer and wearing 17 layers of dress
wasn't exactly cool, I love this picture.
We were SO hot.

I know it looks like we have jaundice in
this picture, but we don't, I promise.
We got married right when digital was becoming
more readily available, so unfortunately all our pics
are on film. I have to scan all my pics in,
and I hate that they aren't as clean and crisp
as they could be.

No comments: