Friday, May 7, 2010

Noah The Musical

Well I FINALLY found my camera. It was in my van, which I figured it would be. Unfortunately, because we are always on the road going into Springfield, our van gets junked up pretty quickly. I feels like we live out of it all the time. Anyway, I will count losing my camera as a blessing because after I scoured it a few times, looking for my camera and still coming up empty handed, I actually CLEANED out my van. Low and behold, I found it! Under the drivers seat, but glad that I was able to clean my van and find my camera. I knew it was probably in our van because we had used it last Friday night when we went to Branson on a date night, to see "Noah The Musical". We have been wanting to see this show down there and had thought about going last year, but quickly halted that idea when we found out that it cost $50/ticket! Anyway, for some reason they were running a special if you lived in the county in which we live in, and you could go for $10/ticket. That's more like it. We made it a date night and had fun. We went to Applebees for dinner and then on to the show. I don't know if I was more impressed by the actual theater or the show. I'm not much on musicals so maybe the theater impressed me more. For starters it smells like roasted almonds, yum! Makes you crave them like crazy, but unfortunately we didn't have any cash, so were just left with our mouths watering. Its a beautifully decorated theater with lots to see. Unfortunately, you can't take any pictures of the actual musical, so I got pictures of the theater. It was a great show with lots of live animals. It was really neat to see. The stage kind of wraps around the audience so animals are all around inside the Ark. Very neat to see and glad we got a night out, got to see the show and thankful for wonderful parents who kept the kids overnight. It was a fun time.

Not a great shot of the outside of the theater,
but you can see how big it is. (sorry its sideways,
it wasn't before I loaded it.)
The wall as you walk in the theater.

The ceiling of the entrance.


The displays in the vignettes. So much to see.




Big Noah's Ark as you walk in the door.


Us in the van waiting for the traffic to leave.
Ryan practically waited till every car had left
the lot before we could leave. Which put us
home around 11pm, way past my bedtime!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I'm so glad you found your camera & got to see Noah! I so wish we could have made it a double date but there is always a next time. Your pics are awesome! I love that theatre too.