Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Adriana's 1st Birthday










Posting Note: I hate how the pictures are laid out, I'm sorry they are out of order. I'm still trying to figure out how to work this website.

Well believe it or not, my baby is one year old today! I'm at a loss for words when I think that she's this old already. In some ways it seems like its been that long, and in other ways it seems like she was just born. Looking back on the past year, I am reminded of many happy memories. Adriana has been such a good baby. She has always been faithful with taking good naps, not fussing a lot, eating good, and just always being in a good mood. Sure we have had our moments, but you tend to forget the sleepless nights, crying and not listening to anything I say, and focus on the good times. Me and Ryan are so blessed to have such a great child. I am so blessed to get to stay home with her and watch her grow and change everyday it seems. I love my baby and am sad to think of her growing so fast.




Well this last weekend, we celebrated her birthday with a big birthday bash. We had a great time! Ryan's family (parents, sisters and niece and nephew) were all able to come up from Alabama to celebrate with us. We just had a small birthday party at our house and friends and family from all over were there to watch Adriana tare into her birthday cake and her presents. It was so funny to watch her eat her cake. We don't generally let her eat sweets and so as she ate it so delicately she kept looking at me waiting for me to get on to her for eating something so messy. She's really big into Elmo so we had a Sesame Street themed party. It was lots of fun and am excited to have shared it with everyone.




As for the birthday girl, today she is running a temp and coughing real bad. She goes to the doctor tomorrow for shots and a check-up, what a way to bring in your first birthday.




Thank you to all who came to the party, if you couldn't make it, we missed you and hope you enjoy the pictures. Have a great day!

3 comments:

ellerbee eight said...

I can't believe it's been a year. Whew! What a year it has been. Enjoy every little thing she does because she will grow up so fast. Continue blogging and writing about all the things she goes, good and bad, it will be a huge joy for you later. She is absolutely adorable. Can't wait to see you guys. Have fun at convention and keep track of my boy while he's there sans wife. He may need a hug or two. Happy Birthday Adriana!

The Shindels said...

Looks like fun!! Hopefully by Adon's first birthday I'll have joined the stay-at-home-mom club. ;o)

Jody said...

Before you know it she will be 27 years old and celebrating the first year of her daughters life also! I was just talking to Bert a little bit ago that 19 years ago today Phil and I moved from the Springfield area and moved into that old house that Uncle Dennis Veltrop had at Folk. Spencer was 19 months, Alex was 3 months shy of 3, Justin was 2 months shy of 4, and you and Jess had just turned 8! I can't believe that. I remember that day as if it were just last week. You will be amazed at how fast she will grow and age, and you won't age a bit!! LOL