Friday, January 13, 2012

Trip to STL--Oct 2011

Trying to get caught up on my blogging. I have decided that blogging is a lot like reading for me, I really have to be in the mood to sit down and do it, and over the last few months, I just haven't felt like doing it, so I'm trying to play catch up.

Back in October, we got to spend a weekend with some of our favorite people...

Ryan's family. They were nice enough to drive a long 10 hours to meet us in St. Louis. We were tickled at the idea of going somewhere "new" (at least for them), and meeting in a wonderful town like STL. I'm always thrilled to go back to there, it brings me back to my college days. I was lucky enough to go and visit my Alma ma tar, Missouri Baptist University. Let me tell you, that place has grown and changed so much, but yet it still feels like home in so many ways. I will always be thankful for the friendships that place produced, the time I spent there and the feeling of family throughout the campus. So glad I got to go back.

We were able to score a pretty awesome deal on a Hampton Inn there in Chesterfield. The kids got to go swim, we had adjoining rooms and just had a great time spending time with each other. The Saturday that we were there, we went to "The City Museum". I have been here once before in my college days, but its a lot more fun to go with kids (Ryan included) and see it through their eyes. There are TONS of nooks and crannies that kids and adults alike can crawl through, climb on or build. We spent over 6 hours in this place and didn't even see it all. As my mother in law, Sandy said, its the "Disney World of the Midwest"!




One shot of one of the rooftops you can go out and play on. You can pretty much climb, slide or hide on anything you see in this picture.







The kids have a great time climbing.



The Roller Slide.




I can't believe I let my baby go up there. From left to right, Ryan, Adriana and Jim. They were pretty high up there and Adriana wasn't scared at all.


All the cousins looking to go into one of the many ball pits.



You can just see how many stairs and things there are behind Adriana.


Paxton LOVED playing in all the blocks.


Paxton and the Sumo Wrestler. He didn't really know what to think of this big man.



Four best friends.

After the City Museum, we went by and walked around the Arch. Although I have seen it many times, I'm still awe struck whenever I am around it, and how awesome it is to see in person.





A family shot down by the Arch.


The kids playing on the iPad. Its amazing how fast kids catch onto electronics.


We had a WONDERFUL time in STL. We made a TON of memories that will last us all a lifetime. Hopefully, if we do it again, we can stay longer and see more sights. STL is a fun town to go and visit, with or without kids.

No comments: