Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ball Pit Fun

We have a new and exciting toy. The kids LOVE it! My mom and dad bought us one of those turtles you put sand in a few weeks ago. I had it sitting in our garage and a friend saw it and told me that a friend of hers had one of those and filled it with ball pit balls. At first I thought that was a crazy idea, but then the more I thought about it I liked it, especially with winter coming and they wouldn't be able to go out and play as much. I looked on craigslist for some ball pit balls, thinking this was a long shot, but actually found a lady selling 200 balls for $5 (if I would have bought 200 balls new, it would have cost me $20), this was perfect! The balls were in really good shape. After sterilizing them, we put them in the turtle and let the kids go to town. Paxton LOVES little balls like these, that fit in his hands. They both LOVE it so much, what a great idea. Here is a video from the first night we let them play in them. I love how Paxton just sits there and kicks his feet so much. Its so cute to see him crawling in and out of the turtle all on his own (its not shown in this video though). Anyway, I hope you enjoy the video!

No comments: