Thursday, September 16, 2010

A No Good Day For Paxton

My poor little Paxton. The Thursday before Labor Day, he got what they call "Nurse-Maid's Elbow". His sister gave it to him. I left the room for a brief moment and came running in when I heard Paxton crying in pain. He was lying on the floor. Adriana had tried to pull him up on the couch with one arm. She ended up pulling his elbow out of socket. I made an appointment for his doctor, but they couldn't get him in for 3 hours. He wouldn't scream or cry if I held his arm tight, so it wouldn't move. Well, I thought, I'm not going to be able to sit here all day and hold him and not move. So, I wrapped it up really tight, in a man-made sling. It worked! He was fine, and would actually crawl around with one arm. It was so sad to see him in so much pain. Here's a couple of pictures of him before.

After the doctor popped it back into place, he was fine. I knew it didn't hurt him anymore, because we could move it for him and he wouldn't cry, however, he hadn't forgotten the pain. That evening, he would still crawl around on the one arm, until he discovered that it didn't hurt him anymore. This was a long day, but everything worked out.

No comments: