Friday, September 3, 2010

Goodbye Summer 2010

Well its been a while. Or at least it seems that way. I feel like I don't have time to sleep these days. Well, okay, I'm still in bed by 10pm, but I guess I don't have time to do things I enjoy doing, such as my blog. So with that being said, I'm just going to roll it all into one.
First on the agenda, our house. We are going to sell it. Just kidding! I know you guys think we are crazy anyway for moving as much as we do, so I just wanted to throw that out there. No, it was a year ago on Sept. 1 that we closed on our "new" house (as Adriana still calls it). I can't believe its been a year already. We really love our house. God has richly blessed us with our home, and even though I constantly complain about our neighbors (and have even called the Sheriff's department a few times on them), we really have it good. God always provides for our needs and our wants (i.e. a nicer, bigger house).

Second on the agenda: Adriana started back up at preschool. This is her third year going and she LOVES it! Last week marked the end of a VERY long summer. I think it felt long because we were so tied down with Paxton, that we couldn't really get out for very long and do anything because of naps. We tried to do fun things, but it still was long. It was nothing for Adriana to say "I'm bored, I want to go to school". So as much as I wasn't wishing the summer away, it was good for her (and me) for school to start up. Her first day was last week and she loved seeing her old friends and being in a new classroom.



I couldn't really get a good smile out of her, so this is the best I could do. She has a Care Bear bag that looks like the stuffed Care Bear her aunt Lauren gave to her. Adriana named the Care Bear "Crouton" so she calls this tote bag her "Crouton" bag. People probably think she's crazy!

Lastly on the agenda: Paxton. This poor little man has endured more than me and Ryan has ever had to, in our life time. Between this latest incident and his hernia surgery, this little man is toughing up, quickly. Yesterday, I left the kids inside just for a second, to go out and cover the grill. I all of a sudden hear this scream from Paxton and go in and see him lying face down on the ground. Adriana had a guilty look on her face, so I figured she squeezed his hand hard and made him cry. Well after 30 minutes of crying I was worried that his arm was out of socket. Well, long story short, it was his elbow that popped out when she tried to lift him on the couch with one arm. We had to wait over 2 hours to get into the doctor's office, so instead of holding him this whole time, I wrapped his arm.



He was in a better mood after his arm was wrapped and he played the best he could. The doctor popped it back in and he was good to go. He was still leery about using it for a long time last night, but once he realized it wasn't going to hurt, he was back to crawling all over the place.
Even though life seems crazy at times, I love my babies and I'm saddened at the thought of how much different they are going to be by next summer. I enjoyed this summer with Paxton learning to crawl, floating in the pool and kicking his legs, and just being a sweet baby. I enjoyed Adriana always being ready to go and do new things. I will miss her saying "Its just us girls" when me and her are alone. And I will miss the way she always wants to be a princess and how the littlest things excite her so much. Next summer will be different and there will be new things to treasure, but I will always hold this one close to my heart.

No comments: