Friday, December 14, 2007

One Tree Down, Two To Go

As I have mentioned before, we just moved into our new house about 3 weeks ago. My parents came down to help us get settled in. With the move being so close to the holidays, I had planned on not decorating. Between Ryan and my mom, convincing me to get into the holiday spirit, we ended up decorating. Now, don't get me wrong, I love to decorate for Christmas, however it is such a big production to find room to put up the Christmas tree. Well we put up 3 Christmas trees, that's right 3! One on the front porch with presents under the tree, a big one on top of the coffee table in the family room and another little 3 ft. tree that I call Ryan's tree. (Ryan's tree has the Simpsons decorations on it and the Titans ornaments). Anyway, we decorated and everything looks great (thanks to my mom). Last night all was well in the Naylor household until I hear a crash and see Zoe (our cat), who was in the kitchen, jump straight into the air and land on the counters. I didn't know what it was at first and then I hear Ryan call out Adriana's name. I look over and see that Ryan's tree had fallen over and had broken ornaments all over the floor. Ryan ran over and unburied our daughter from out of the toppled over tree. Adriana had pulled the tree over on herself and was completely unfazed by the whole thing. I know Zoe was thinking, "for once it wasn't me who made the mess!". Everyone escaped without injury and all was well in the Naylor household once more. So anyway, we packed up his tree and the remaining ornaments and now only have 2 trees up. We'll see how long they last...

No comments: